Santa Monica, CA, USLocation:
Mon, Jan 13 ’20Posted on:
HLW is an integrated architecture, design, strategy & planning firm with offices in New York, New Jersey, Los Angeles, London and Shanghai serving clients around the globe. We are building the future from skyscrapers to the workplaces of today’s most cutting-edge companies. Our team is a diverse group of talented people that have a wide range of experience, interests and backgrounds. No matter where you are based, you will be working with a global team on a mission to create great and inspiring places. Be part of a design culture that fosters ideas and innovation.
For more about our culture and thought leadership, check out our blog HLWSTORYBOARD.COM
Our Los Angeles office (Santa Monica) is recruiting for an Architectural and Corporate Interiors Project Manager with 6+ years of experience.
Deliver excellent client service balanced
with protecting HLW’s interests to ensure repeat business. While managing clients’ interests and goals,
deliver profitable and quality projects on behalf of HLW. Represent HLW in a professional and ethical
Position reports to the Studio Director
and to the Chief Financial Officer.
coordination with the Partners/Principals-in-Charge, determine approach to meet
the client’s needs and goals and determine the overall project and firm
measures for success.
the project plan, then manage, direct and coordinate it for duration of
directly to Studio Director and Partners-In-charge any matters that
jeopardize success of project and which cannot be resolved at intermediate
levels of responsibility, as outlined above.
knowledge of contract scope and terms of service including insurance and
liability issues regularly faced on projects; ensure proper communication to
the Studio director, the New York Office Managing Director and the Chief
Financial Officer of issues and concerns.
management of project for firm, including:
- Take a leadership role in developing and
maintaining contracts, billings and collections.
- Ensure written communication of all meeting
minutes, program and other data, including written documentation and reports.
- Maintain communication among all vested parties
throughout the life of the project with respect to project budget.
- Obtain written authorization for all additional
- Review with the team, on a regular basis, the
deliverables and available resources to ensure that they are properly balanced.
- Anticipate, develop and obtain Additional
Service Fees prior to performing work outside of contracted scope.
- In coordination with all vested parties,
facilitate presentations and meetings with the client.
- Demonstrate the ability to clearly communicate to
all vested parties HLW’s policies and procedures including project delivery
- Project Profitability
- Establish and monitor budget.
- Working with HLW’s Legal Counsel, draft
owner/architect agreement, and obtain signature.
- Select consultants. Negotiate fees and place
- Establishing schedules, deadlines and assignment
- Review and approve consultant’s and other
- Maintain and coordinate a high degree of quality
- Support the design vision for the project;
balance design effort required with the financial requirements of the project
with respect to both design fees and construction budget.
- Identify when scope is outside scope of service
and manage accordingly. Obtain additional services when warranted. Alert client in a timely fashion.
a full understanding of project accounting processes.
superior understanding of financial management of own projects.
time regular reporting on:
- Billing/Staffing projections
- Collection dates
- Projects in potential crisis
- Concerns over liability issues
Development and Marketing
collaboration with Studio Director, Partners/Principals-in-Charge and Market
Sector Leaders associated with projects within the Studio, take a leadership
role in the response to RFPs and the preparation of proposals for new work and
contribute to presentations.
generally familiar with the firm’s client and project portfolio and current
appropriate business development skills
the firm in the industry by contributing to industry initiatives, conferences
and assisting with public relations and new business activities.
- US Registered Architect or Engineer; or NCIDQ Certified Interior
Designer (preferred in each case) with a minimum of 10 years of experience.
- LEED accreditation (preferred).
- Significant experience in administering large scale complex
- Proven ability to manage and mentor staff on multiple projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Significant experience at a senior managerial level over a wide
range of project types and procurement methods.
- Thorough knowledge, experience and understanding of contractual
and regulatory issues.
- Experience in constructing a budget and managing income against
and willingness to work in an entrepreneurial fashion to expand HLW’s practice.
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision insurances, vacation, paid time off, flexible spending, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance, travel insurances, reimbursement for professional licensing/certification exam fees, continuing education programs, 401(k) and commuter benefits.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or disability status.