Fall fashion is still going strong with more than 10 events in the next two weeks
By Lianna Matt
A photo from last year’s Collective Market pop up. This year, the event is at the Holden Room because it needed more space.
Photo courtesy the Collective Market
Maybe it’s because we’re all still in fall fashion mode, but these next two weeks—particularly the first one—are bustling with events. Make sure to check out the round up of trunk shows at the end!
The Collective Market’s Fall Pop Up
Think rows and rows of designer clothing with up to 90 percent discounts at this huge closet swap. We would recommend going Sunday for the best deals, but we don’t want you to miss out on the steals that will be picked up before then. Check out how it all got started with our Q&A with the founder, Serena Fallahi Tittl. Oct. 10-13 (times vary) @ The Holden Room, 147 Holden St. N, Minneapolis, collectivemarketsale.com.
Enchanté Fall Collection Fashion Show
Go to Stillwater shop Enchanté for an evening show of Los Angeles, New York, Paris, and London fall and holiday fashions worn by local women in the community. All proceeds will be donated to Make It OK, which fights the stigma of mental health. Oct. 11 from 6-10 p.m. @ LOFT at Studio J, 214 Main St. S, Stillwater, shopenchante.com.
Red Hot Runway
BMW is intent on showcasing the links between the elite car industry’s aesthetic and fashion, architecture, home design, hair, and makeup. If you think some of the arguments could be a bit dubious sounding, go for the hors d’oeuvres from D’Amico, after party, and swag bags. Oct. 12 from 7-9 p.m. @ BMW of Minnetonka, 15802 Wayzata Blvd., Wayzata, redhotrunway.com.
The Purple Ones Fashion Show
For the third year, radio station KFAI is teaming up with local fashion designers for the Purple Ones, a fashion show where each look is inspired by one of Prince’s songs. This show takes place at Can Can Wonderland, so before or after the show, enjoy the place’s creative cocktails (some are specially inspired for the event), the band LAKAME, and crazy mini golf. Oct. 13 from 6-9 p.m. @ Can Can Wonderland, 755 Prior Ave. N, Suite 4, St. Paul, cancanwonderland.com.
Shopcicle Market: Food & Beverage
So … we know this isn’t actual fashion, but it’s hard to not put in an event that brings together local food and beverage makers, including Curly Girlz Candy, Bee Line Honey, and items from the Arc Minnesota village. Oct. 18 from 3-8:30 p.m. @ 214 Fourth St. E, St. Paul, shopciclemn.com.
Eileen Fisher Fall Shopping Party
See the new collection from Macy’s designer Eileen Fisher and sit in on a panel with local women entrepreneurs including Alyza Bohbot of City Girl Coffee Co., Sara Schultz of the Merry Hour, and Laura Roos of Minny & Paul at 11:30 a.m. Oct. 20 from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. @ Macy’s Southdale, 100 Southdale Centre, Edina, eventbrite.com.
This might not be local, but we wanted to start including some more wedding events. After all, where else can you see such a concentration of wedding eye candy? Oct. 21 from noon-4 p.m. @ Mayo Civic Center, 30 Civic Center Drive SE, Rochester, theweddingguys.com.
- Grethen House, Oct. 10-11: Eleventy trunk show for spring 2019. Edina location. grethenhouse.com. (A previous version incorrectly stated it was Oct. 12 and 13.)
- New Gild, Oct. 11: Karla Bradley jewelry and travel guide (and founder) of Paris Off Script, Lane Rosenthal. newgild.com (event on facebook.com).
- Max’s, Oct. 12-13 and Oct. 25: First comes jeweler Spinelli Kilcollin (including its signature linking and stackable rings) on Oct. 12 and 13, and then comes jewelry from Polly Wales. stylebymax.com.
- Faribault Woolen Mill Co., Oct. 13: This isn’t in the Twin Cities and it isn’t a trunk show, but it is Faribault’s annual Legendary Warehouse Sale with discounts up to 70 percent. faribaultmill.com.
- The Fitting Room, Oct. 13: Karen Morris Millinery‘s autumn/winter collection was inspired by Kyoto, Japan. facebook.com.
- Nordstrom (Ridgedale), Oct. 13: MEND Jewelry and its natural, effortless stone and crystal jewelry. mendjewelry.com.
- Northrup King Building, Oct. 13: Larissa Loden Jewelry‘s annual up sale at 35 percent discounts. Suite 265. Event on facebook.com.
- Von Maur (Rosedale), Oct. 13: Tech-based leather handbags Hammitt LA to Rosedale Center’s Von Maur on the same day as the store’s grand opening. eventbrite.com.