ANTARCTICA BASECAMP CRUISE
Region: Antarctica Peninsula
To explore amazing and relatively unexplored territories has often been a curious Indian traveller’s aspiration. Thus, cruising to reach faraway lands has now become a trending vacation option. One of the preferred exploratory cruising expedition is to the Antarctic Peninsula Basecamp among many others. The expedition on a cruiseliner offers fabulous ways to understand the fragile Antarctic Region. This expedition also extends an opportunity to hike in the snow, try snowshoe trails, kayaking around icebergs or go mountaineering. In fact, if the weather is clear, you could also camp out under the Southern Polar skies like a perfect explorer from the films.
– Most cruise holidays tend to begin and end at the same port. In the Antarctic Peninsula Basecamp voyage, travellers embark from Ushuaia, Argentina. Your point of entry is from a resort town on Tierra del Fuego, which is also nicknamed ’The End of the World’. The ship sails goes through Beagle Channel and sets the tone for the days to follow. You will cross the Drake Passage and later on pass the Antarctic Convergence, soon you will be able to identify a marked change in marine life and avians too. As you cross the snow-capped Melchior Islands (look out for Humpback Whales in Dallmann Bay).
– Crossing the Neumayer Channel will lead you to good spots for basecamp activities such as kayaking trips, snowshoe hikes and soft-climb mountaineering. At Port Lockroy, visit the former British research station, now a museum and operational post office on Goudier Island (try posting a letter to self, we say). Around Jougla Point, say hello to Gentoo penguins. At the Neko Harbour, you can gaze in awe at the picturesque alpine peaks.
– Feeling adventurous enough then at Paradise Bay, go camping. On your return voyage, thank the seabirds for their directional flying.
TOP 10 MOST POPULAR CRUISE EXPEDITIONS WITH INDIANS
1. Antarctica & Alaska
2. Maldives, Bali & Penang
3. Singapore, Mauritius & Seychelles
4. Spain, France, Greece & Italy
5. Hong Kong & Bangkok
6. Abu Dhabi, Dubai & Muscat
7. New England & Canada
8. Australia & New Zealand
9. Scandinavia, Russia & Norwegian Fjords
10. Japan, China & Taiwan
DANCE ALONG: Salsa dancers perform and present fabulous shows of entertainment to promote cruise tourism and attract vacationers on-board. Broadway shows with intimate dining options often attract many honeymooners to have exclusive viewing.
CRUISE THROUGH EUROPE: Witness picturesque towns and European landmarks as you cross them whilst on your cruisliner. This can be a fabulous experience. Europe expeditions are full of surprises and pleasant cultural delights along the bay. Ready?
LET’S RACE: Many cruise ships have a go karting lane for adventure lovers. Kids have so much to play and enjoy with on cruiseliners that a special playzone is maintained to keep them occupied. Good food adds to the fun!